HOW WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE
“Our Vision is, to see every tamaiti, starting primary school, honoured with a SSFI School Starter Pack made with love 💗”
School Start First Impressions believes that children who are set up with all the necessary learning tools to start school are much more likely to embrace learning.
The provision of a School Starter Pack is totally child centric, designed to alleviate inequity for that child who is starting their school journey.
We celebrate the child’s 5th birthday by ensuring they get their ‘moment in time’ and are acknowledged as important by their family, school and community. It is a memorable gift to celebrate turning 5, with their whanau.
Our School Starter Packs include:
- A named backpack, lunch box, drink bottle and pencil case (with pencils, eraser and sharpener).
- Essential school items: A school uniform, school hat, required school donations/fees, required stationery and swimming gear.
- Kidscan donations; of a pair of school shoes, socks and a high quality hooded jacket.
- Additional clothing: mufti clothing for non-uniform schools, underwear and knitted slippers.
- Plus as many goodies as we can cram in: such as reading and activity books, family game, outdoor activity, birthday present, birthday cake mix and party supplies.
To protect the confidentiality of every child we operate exclusively through approved referral organisations. We trust these organisations to refer children they deem eligible for one of our School Starter Packs.
Every School Starter Pack is made as if the child was ours, all packed with care and love
WHAT WE ACHIEVE
Jack had a sense of well-being and confidence walking into school, proud to be wearing his new school uniform, new shoes and with a fancy backpack to start school.
Phoebe hadn’t expected to start school on her 5th birthday. She enjoyed the feeling of belonging and being like all the other children.
Clementine was happy starting school because her parents were relieved to know the donations/fees, stationery and other necessities were covered for her first year.